What is Ragging?
Any Conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing , treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in any untoward or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Punishments for those found guilty of Ragging.(Any act of physical or mental abuse targeted at another student on the ground of colour, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, appearance, nationality, regional origins, linguistic identity, place of birth, place of residence or economic background)
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
• Cancellation of Admission
• Suspension from attending classes
• Withholding / Withdrawing scholarship /fellowship and other benefits
• Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process withholding results
• Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, youth festival etc.
• Suspension /expulsion from the hostel
• Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
• Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution.
Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
As Per the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act 1997, any student found directly or indirectly committing or participating in ragging or abetting propagating for ragging inside or outside the college shall be liable for Two year Imprisonment, Fine to the tune of Rs 2.5 Lakhs, Dismissal from college and shall not be admitted in any other Educational Institution
Preventive Measures to Eradicate Ragging in the Institution for the Academic Year 2018-2019
Anti –Ragging Committee and Anti – Ragging Squad are formed with the following committees.
This Squad will make surprise raids on canteens, hostel messes, hostel rooms and play ground etc. The squad shall work under the overall guidance of Anti- Ragging Committee. The squad comprises of faculty members and student representative (seniors).The squad will function based on a pre- planned shift system.
|ANTI RAGGING HELP LINE|
|Ph No||:||97509 11298
Anti – Ragging Committee comprises the following members
Akshaya College of Engineering andTechnology,
Kinathukadavu,Coimbatore – 642 109
Ph No: 97509 11298.
Mrs. K. A. Vijaya Kathirvel ,
President, Kinathukadavu Panchayat,
Coimbatore- 642 109
Ph No: 94437 50941
Inspector of Police,
Kinathukadavu, Coimbatore- 642 109
Ph No: 9486094666.
Mr. P. Senthilkumar,
S/o R. Palaniswamy.
76/1, Chokkalingam Building,
Pollachi Main Road,
Kinathukadavu, Coimbatore – 642 109
Ph No: 98438 90018
Non Government youth Activities
Mr.B.Patteshwaran , C/O SPIRE infotech,
No 7: Panchayat Complex, Coimbatore mainroad ,
Kinathukadavu, Coimbatore – 642 109
Ph No: 8883174777
|Dr.N. Suguna||97509 11003|
|Prof. C.Nirmala||96882 43777|
|Prof. S. Kapilan||98948 80805|
|Prof. M. Selvaraju||97919 75791|
|Prof. V. Mohankumar||99528 98270|
|Prof. S. Madhavapandian||99444 74026|
|Prof. K.Thirunavukkarasu||99624 40143|
|Prof. P. Damodharan||98432 53669|
|Prof.Gladwin Moses Stephen||95788 16540|
& (Girls Hostel Warden)
|Mr. P. Manoj (Boys Hostel Warden)||97510 14989|
S.AJITHKUMAR IV EEE
BHARANI IV EEE
S.ABDUL RAHMAN IV MECH
T.BOOPALAN IV MECH
A.NAVEENKUMAR IV CIVIL
AKASH.B.M IV CIVIL
P.KULANDAI YESU IV MECHATRONICS
ADHARSH CLINTON.J IV MECHATRONICS
R.RANJITHA IV ECE
ALLWIN.I IV ECE
K.KARTHIK IV CSE
HASSAN S.H IV CSE
N. MANOJ III MECH
C. VISHNU III CIVIL
P. KUMARAPPAN III ECE
S. AJITH KUMAR III CSE
G. S. PREM KUMAR III MECHATRONICS
J. AKILAN III EEE
LEBIN ALEX.A, II EEE
ANTONY JEROLD J II CSE
PRABHAGARAN.S II ECE
MOHAMED ARAFAATH.S.B II MECHATRONICS
BALAMUTHUMANIKANDAN.B II MECH
MOHANPRASATH.M II CIVIL
Non – Teaching Staff
|Mr. M.Devaraj||95248 85415|
|Mr. V.Balasubramani||88073 42990|
9, RAMALINGAM COLONY,
47/2, 8 TH CROSS ST,
ELLAI THOTTAM ROAD,
30-E DHARAPURAM ROAD
ROSHAN BANU. G
137, GANGAVAR LANE,
41, B PONNUSAMY ROAD,
OPP TO MM ENGINEERS
MOB: 0422- 2546487
PILAVARTHALA VILAI VEEDU
KADAYAL, KALIYAL (PO)
B 35, CHERAN COLONY,
4/NO: 443, M.PUDUR,
34/15 A ABDUL KALAM AZATH ST,
MR. MUTHUKUMAR R
Anti Ragging squad includes the following staff members
|Poorana Swastika.M||Rajasekar.P||Sindhu Bala.U|
|Vedhanayaki.S||Dr.Kamatchi.S||Gladwin Moses Stephen.S|
|Naveen Kumar.S||Aravindh.B||Kousalya Devi.S|
- Hostel wardens are made accessible at all hours.
- Anti Ragging Helpline and Websites are displayed on notice boards within the premises in order to help the freshers.
- Punishments for ragging as per the AICTE regulations have been posted on all notice boards.
- Students in the hostel are allowed to use mobile phones in hostel to reach out for help from teachers, parents and other institution authorities.
- Anti Ragging details are updated in the College website.
- The Head of the Institution addressed the students in the orientation programme and educated them about their rights against harassment including ragging and all faculty members were present on the occasion.