What is Ragging?
Any Conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing , treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in any untoward or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Punishments for those found guilty of Ragging
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
• Cancellation of Admission
• Suspension from attending classes
• Withholding / Withdrawing scholarship /fellowship and other benefits
• Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process withholding results
• Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, youth festival etc.
• Suspension /expulsion from the hostel
• Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
• Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution.
Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
As Per the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act 1997, any student found directly or indirectly committing or participating in ragging or abetting propagating for ragging inside or outside the college shall be liable for Two year Imprisonment, Fine to the tune of Rs 2.5 Lakhs, Dismissal from college and shall not be admitted in any other Educational Institution
Preventive Measures to Eradicate Ragging in the Institution for the Academic Year 2017-2018
Anti –Ragging Committee and Anti – Ragging Squad are formed with the following committees.
This Squad will make surprise raids on canteens, hostel messes, hostel rooms, play ground, etc. The squad shall work under the overall guidance of Anti- Ragging Committee. The squad comprises of faculty members and student representatives (seniors).The squad will function based on the pre- planned shift system.
|ANTI RAGGING HELP LINE|
|Ph No||:||97509 11298
Anti – Ragging Committee comprises the following members
Akshaya College of Engineering andTechnology,
Kinathukadavu,Coimbatore – 642 109
Ph No: 97509 11298.
Mrs. K. A. Vijaya Kathirvel ,
President, Kinathukadavu Panchayat,
Coimbatore- 642 109
Ph No: 94437 50941
Inspecter of Police,
Kinathukadavu, Coimbatore- 642 109
Ph No: 9498171460.
Mr. P. Senthilkumar,
S/o R. Palaniswamy.
76/1, Chokkalingam Building,
Pollachi Main Road,
Kinathukadavu, Coimbatore – 642 109
Ph No: 98438 90018
Non Government youth Activities
Mr.B.Patteshwaran , C/O SPIRE infotech,
No 7: Panchayat Complex, Coimbatore mainroad ,
Kinathukadavu, Coimbatore – 642 109
Ph No: 8883174777
|Dr.N. Suguna||97509 11003|
|Prof. R.Sangeetha||99948 52749|
|Prof. S. Kapilan||98948 80805|
|Dr. V. Boopathi Sabareesh||94425 61452|
|Prof. M. Selvaraju||97919 75791|
|Prof. V. Mohankumar||99528 98270|
|Prof. S. Madhavapandian||99444 74026|
|Prof. K.Thirunavukkarasu||99624 40143|
|Prof. P. Damodharan||98432 53669|
|Prof.Gladwin Moses Stephen||95788 16540|
|Ms.S.Gayathri(Physical Director)||99659 33306|
|Mr. P. Manoj (Boys Hostel Warden)||97510 14989|
|Ms.Rajapreetha (Girls Hostel Warden)||95970 64647|
R.Raja Vignesh IV ECE
K.Karthi Krishna IV CIVIL
P.Hari Krishnan IV MECHATRONICS
T.Pravin Kumar IV MECH
N.Thamilselvan IV EEE
K.Kaviyarasu IV CSE
A.Mathan IV MECH
N.Manoj IV CIVIL
Stephenraj IV MECHATRONICS
J.Ajay Sekar IV EEE
R.Siva Ranjani IV ECE
S.Manobala IV CSE
S.Ajithkumar III EEE
S.Abdul Rahman III MECH
A.Naveenkumar III CIVIL
P.Kulandai Yesu III MECHATRONICS
R.Ranjitha III CSE
K.Karthik III CSE
N.Manoj II MECH
C.Vishnu II CIVIL
P.Kumarappan II ECE
S.Ajith Kumar II CSE
G.S.Prem Kumar II MECHATRONICS
J.Akilan II EEE
Non – Teaching Staff
|Mr. N.Muthu Kumaran||88836 37392|
|Mr. M.Devaraj||95248 85415|
|Mr. V.Balasubramani||88073 42990|
Mr. K. Rajamurugan,
Mobile: 97888 24179
Mr. R. Vijaya Manickam,
No. 1/41, Srisarva Sakthi
Vinayagar Kovil Street
11th Cross Street
4/369, Bharathi Nagar
71/3 North Street
2/8A,Vinayagar Kovil Street
Mobile: 94892 16994
Mr. E. Eawaran,
10/60, Amman Pudhur,
Mobile: 97894 02605
Mobile: 98944 51258
1/349, Guruvayur nagar,
Mobile: 93625 77717
2/17, Kadai veethi,
38/43H Nachimuthu Gounder street,
Anti Ragging squad includes the following staff members
|Mr.Suresh Kumar.S||Mrs.Devi.S||Mr.Edwin Fernando.P.A|
- Hostel wardens are made accessible at all hours.
- Anti ragging Helpline and Websites are displayed on notice boards within the premises in order to help the freshers.
- Punishments for ragging as per the AICTE regulations have been posted on all Notice Boards.
- Students in the hostel are allowed to use mobile phones in hostel to reach out for help from teachers, parents and other institution authorities.
- Ragging incidents are updated in the college website.
- The Head of the Institution addressed all freshers during Orientation programme and educated them about their rights against harassment of including ragging, and all faculty members were present on the occasion