Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India Examination being conducted and administered by IISc and IITs. The GATE score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to various Post-Graduate Education Programs (e.g. Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Doctor of Philosophy) in Indian Higher Education Institutes, with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other government agencies. Recently, GATE scores are also being used by several Indian Public Sector Undertakings (i.e., government-owned companies) for recruiting graduate engineers in entry-level positions.
Apart from higher education, GATE scores are also being used by several Indian Public Sector Undertakings for recruiting graduate engineers in entry-level positions. It is an opportunity for the students to create them as dynamic Engineers to face the competitive world by enhancing their employability skills.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Bachelors Degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Masters Degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of four-year integrated Masters Degree Programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of five-year integrated Masters Degree programs or Dual Degree Programs in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by iE(i), AMICE(i) by the institute of Civil Engineers (India)-iCE(i)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
Many public sector undertakings such as BHEL, Indian Oil Corporation, NTPC, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre are using the GATE score for selecting candidates for their organisations. The total number of PSUs in the country is 217. Students who qualify in GATE are entitled to a stipend of Rs 8,000 per month during their M.Tech course. A good GATE rank assures a good job. After joining M.Tech. at IITs,NITs and IISc, one can look at a salary package ranging from Rs 7 lakh to 30 lakh per annum, depending upon specialisation and performance.
Clearing GATE is also an eligibility clause for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories. M.Tech. Degree is mandatory for those wishing to apply for research positions in R&D centres.
GATE Coaching Classes at Akshaya College of Engineering & Technology:
The Institute provides vigorous training to interested students for GATE exam daily after the college hours and on the Saturdays from III year onwards in association with TIME Institute, Coimbatore.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Exam Coaching is conducted in every weekend for the IIIrd Year students of all Departments.
- Notably, Mr. P. Sreejesh of Mechanical Engineering scored 45 and is pursuing his higher studies in IIT.
- Mr.K.Saravana Kumar AP/ECE
- Mr.K.SivaKumar AP/CSE
- Mr.K.Gobikannan AP/EEE
- Ms.B.Thilagavathi AP/ECE
- Mr.M.PrakashBabu AP/Mechanical
- Mr.K.Vigneshwar AP/Mechatronics