Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre of Akshaya College of Engineering and Technology aims to bring together the young buds entrepreneurial passions to cover in a common platform. We have adopted a systematic approach to develop first generation entrepreneurs through curriculum, awareness, motivation programmes, business camps and Industry interaction on a regular basis. We bring together aspiring entrepreneurs and support them by providing necessary resources such as seed funding, mentoring, consultancy and networking. Ultimately we make them job providers rather than job seekers.
- To create entrepreneurial culture in the institution and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB (National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board), including programs related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To foster better linkages between the institution, Industries and R&D Institutions engaged in promoting Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other voluntary Organizations.
“Develop and create entrepreneurial culture and foster growth of innovation and Entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students.
- To organize Entrepreneurship awareness camps, Entrepreneurship Skill Development Programs and issuing certificates in the region for the benefit of Science and Technology persons.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies.
- To organize guest lectures, TV & Radio talks, Seminars, etc for promotion and growth of S&T based entrepreneurship.
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs.
- To extend necessary guidance and escort services to the trainees in obtaining approval and execution of their projects.
- The students are taught to make business-plan, their execution, fund raising and its optimum utilization.
- The faculty will be deputed to higher institutions of learning where entrepreneurship specialization and incubation programs are being carried out.
- Business plan camp was conducted to our IEDC members.
- Five days “National Level Entrepreneurship Development Training Program for Second year Students in association with Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Govt.of India and ICTACT.
- New Innovative Projects for the companies done by IEDC members.
- Campus Business by Students.
CONFERENCE AND WORK SHOPS ATTENDED BY IEDC MEMBERS
- Women Entrepreneur Exhibition at Ramakrishna Mandampam,,Coimbatore
- One Day Work Shop on Global Entrepreneurship, Conducted by Tie, Coimbatore at Hotel Residency, Coimbatore
- “Innovate India 2015″ Conference on Make India: Opportunities through Innovation, held at PSG College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
- “Entrepreneurship Development Workshop at National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli.
- One day Work Shop on Business Model, Conducted by Young Indians CII, Coimbatore Chapter.
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED BY IEDC CO-COORDINATORS
- Faculty Development program on Entrepreneurship was attended by Mr. R.Dhanasekar, AP/Mechanical held at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore ,
- Faculty Development program on Entrepreneurship was attended by Mr. R.Dhanasekar, AP/Mechanical , organized by Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development of India & ICT Academy of Tamilnadu held at Info Institute of Engineering and Technology ,Coimbatore.
- Faculty Development program on Entrepreneurship was attended by Mr. G.Selvaraj, AP/Mechanical held at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Faculty Development program on Entrepreneurship was attended by Mr.S.Manojkumar, AP/EEE held at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- One Day Workshop on Global Entrepreneurship conducted by Tie, Coimbatore, at Hotel Residency, Coimbatore, was attended by Mr.R. Dhanasekar, AP/ Mechanical.
An E-CELL was opened on 7-1-2014 by Dy.Director Mr.M.Palanivel, Br. MSME,DI,Coimbatore ,Govt. of Ã‚Â India Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp was conducted for final year students from 07-1-14 to 09-01-14 and the Program was funded by EDI Chennai
One day Industrial Motivational Camp was Conducted for Social Entrepreneurs in association with Br. MSME,DI,Coimbatore ,Govt. of India Enterprise.
Entrepreneurship Skill Development Program on Mobile Repairing was conducted for Social Entrepreneur in association with Br. MSME,DI,Coimbatore ,Govt. of India Enterprise.
Motivational speech was given by Shri. C.K . Kumaravel, Director , Naturals Beauty Salon, to IEDC members.
Second Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp was conducted from 9/10/2014 to 11/10/2014 for final year students, funded by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad.
Students from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (2014 Batch) had participated in All India level Competition “Engineering Students Innovation Challenge-2014, Conducted by International Society for Scientific Research and Development ,Bangalore and they were selected in National level for their Excellent Project plan named “T-Drive: ENHANCING DRIVING DIRECTIONS WITH TAXI DRIVERS INTELLIGENCE.
Students, Mr Senthil Kumar.M and Mr. GowriShankar.N from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering won First prize with Cash Award Rs 10,000 for their excellent Business plan in the “Business plan Contest-2014″ ,held at Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology,Coimbatore.