About the Department
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) is one of the academic departments of Akshaya College of Engineering and Technology. The main focus of the EEE Department is to impart a basic understanding of electrical and electronics engineering on the foundation of physical science, mathematics, computing, and technology. The department offers under graduation program in B.E (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Anna University Chennai.
Students of the EEE Department are given practical training in the field of electrical engineering thoroughly. The graduates are strong with the basic experimental design, and communication skills at the graduate level throughout the academic years.
We have vast experienced faculties both in academic and Industry in EEE Department. Together with the support of management, changes are reshaping the Department's objectives in education and training, giving our students excellence in technology and applications and a multidisciplinary engineering background for their career directions. The intake of the department is 30 students every year.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO 1 : Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO 2 : Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO 3 : Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and
safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO 4 : Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid
- PO 5 : Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering
and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO 6 : The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal,
health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7 : Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8 : Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9 : Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO 10 : Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11 : Project management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12 : Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.